Sunday, March 27, 2005

Options for Clinical Training

if you just want to know the practical aspect, there are lot of good certificate courses available. I will list 3 such things. These courses are not MCI recognized, but u get a degree and u can handle any case after taking it.Further if you take up PLAB, these courses will help you get a job in UK as most courses are approved by british universities. I know it for a fact because my friends have done it and have gone abroad.

a) Diploma in Emergency Medicine/ Diploma in family medicine :
These are 6 month courses offered by the Appollo group of hospitals. For more details log on to . Well they give you a degree and confidence to handle any emergencies. I know this because some of my friends have done it and are happy. Further you need to study for the 1st 4 months at home and then work for the next 2 months in their hospital.

b) PG in bioinformatics:
For more details visit

c) Ramchandra university offers a diploma in family medicine too .
You can get more details at

Well as I told earlier these are not MCI recognized, but they give you a chance to work in a good hospital and learn all the tricks of emergency medicine as well as OPD . I feel that's more than enough for a private practice. You can also take up DNB and then work in a good hospital.

Contributed by Dr.Ashwin ( )


Post a Comment

<< Home Links to this post

Links to this post:

Create a Link